Recent Posts

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Today I Love


Love stories acted out with every star in Hollywood. Take for instance, let’s say, Valentine’s Day. Seriously, so many wonderful people. And yes, I understand the cliche surrounding this Hallmark holiday. But, I actually choose to believe that people really want to celebrate LOVE.


Well-loved copies of classic novels. The way the pages brown and curl up at the edges, the smell of must, to know that you are joining the ranks of people that have come before you.


Curls. They say a girls hair should match her personality. I agree.


My Boys. Playlist of the day. Dave, check. Jimmy, check. Hootie, check.


Dress suits. I always love a man in a suit. There’s just something about that power suit that gets me. But now I want a suit of my own. I mean, I think it’s part of growing up. I’m not sure where I’ll wear it. But it’s ok if that comes second.


Catching up. Nothing like being productive and feeling on top of your game. World, bring it on.


Young imaginations. I watched my students fall in love with English. Well, maybe not love, but as close to love as second semester seniors can muster. It was indescribable. I could see their mental wheels turning, and it was one of the most beautiful, magical, wonderful things I have ever experienced. Insurmountable happiness.

1 comments:

Mark Woods said...

There is nothing quite like the experience of seeing somebody "get it" and respond. I'm glad you've seen that with the students in your AP class.

Post a Comment